Nik Boyd @ Accruent
Sr. Software Engineer, 2003 February - 2004 October
Santa Monica, CA 90404
Accruent real estate lifecycle
management solutions transform the way companies manage real estate assets by providing a reliable system of record and measurable ROI.
- Designed and co-developed frameworks, application components,
business objects, and service interfaces for a web-based real estate
contract management system using Java and J2EE, esp.
JBoss and WebLogic.
- Designed and developed the product human interface menu and
navigation framework. Product menus and navigation were configured using
XML. Designed an XML schema for defining the product menus and
navigation using XmlSpy. Designed and developed the product menu and
navigation framework using Java, Echo, EchoPoint, and
- Designed and co-developed a human interface component framework for
enforcing product look and feel styles and idioms using Java,
Echo, and EchoPoint. Designed and developed an application
event framework for communicating business object changes between
application components using Java.
- Designed and co-developed service-oriented architectural
frameworks using Java. Designed and co-developed a service gateway
framework for separating the presentation and business object layers, a
framework of views and view fields for transfering data (DTOs) between the
presentation and business object layers, a framework for capturing and
recording transactional audits of changes made through the service interfaces,
and a security enforcement framework with role-based access control (RBAC).
- Designed and developed an XML schema for business object
metadata and a utiliity for installing the metadata into a database using
Java, XmlSpy, and Castor.
- Used extensive unit tests to support refactoring,
continuous integration, and automated regression testing.
Designed and developed unit tests using the JUnit testing framework.
- Developed persistent business objects using Hibernate and
- Developed portions of the product build process using Ant.
- Collaborated with other team members using a Wiki web.
- Drafted Java design and coding conventions.
- Participated in project iteration planning and effort
- Participated in daily Scrum meetings.